Digital technologies are transforming the hospitality industry day by day. And to keep your hotel business afloat, you should follow the latest trends like and use advanced tools and services. Don’t know where to start? Start by creating a hotel chatbot. It will help you to enhance customer experience and increase conversions.
In this article, you will find tips on how to write a perfect script for your hotel chatbot and how to boost your overall marketing efforts.
What is a chatbot?
A chatbot is a tool developed by harnessing artificial intelligence (AI). This smart tool is capable of conducting dialogs by text or voice commands with people in natural language.
You can create a chatbot for your hotel’s website or for one of the messaging platforms you use (e.g., Facebook Messenger, Slack, and Skype). Choose whatever suits your business the best.
Why do you need a hotel chatbot?
Hotel chatbots can help your clients to complete the following tasks:
- Get necessary information related to the booking process, work of your website, policies of your hotel, etc.
- Check room availability
- Book a room
- Change the dates of the booking
- Cancel a current reservation
- Buy additional services (e.g., pay for a room upgrade)
- Share the feedback
- Get support 24/7
Using hotel chatbot, you can achieve the following results:
- Enhance customer service
- Save your time and resources
- Increase sales
- Collect the feedback
- Increase customer satisfaction
Seven tips on how to write a perfect script for a hotel chatbot
The effectiveness of your chatbot strongly depends on the quality of the script. So if you want to get the most from the new technologies, you should create a compelling scenario that your chatbot will use.
Keep reading to learn how to make it right.
Introduce your chatbot
First of all, you should explain to your customers that they talk to the chatbot, not to a real person. It will help you to avoid misunderstandings and prevent conflicts.
Your chatbot must have a personality, and naturally, it must have a name. By opening the conversation, the chatbot should introduce itself to the customer.
Say “nice to meet you”
When it comes to communication with customers, personalization always matters. So after you introduce your chatbot, you should ask the customer’s name and then reply with the message “nice to meet you”.
Using the customer’s name in further conversation, you will personalize the user experience and boost the conversion rates.
Think like a customer
Now it’s time to analyze the customer journey and create a list of frequently asked questions to base your script on.
Once the list is ready, you should write the list of answers. Your chatbot will use them to keep the conversation with your customers.
Here are a few examples of pairs of questions and answers:
- Can I cancel my current reservation for free? – Your reservation can be canceled without penalty, for at least 24 hours after the reservation is made.
- Do you accept PayPal as payment? Yes, we accept PayPal, Visa, and MasterCard.
- Is your hotel dog-friendly? Yep, feel free to bring your dog to our hotel.
The more questions and answers you will add to the script, the better. It will make your chatbot smarter, literally.
Set the right tone of voice
Your chatbot represents your brand. So when writing a script, you should set the tone of voice that fits your brand and appeals to your target audience.
If you run a five-star hotel, it’s highly recommended to use formal language. Also, it’s recommended to set a serious, professional tone of voice. In this way, you will show that you treat every customer with respect.
But if you run a hostel or chick hotel for Millennials, you should set a friendly, conversational tone of voice. Writing your script, you can use informal language (e.g., slang, jargon, internet acronyms) and add funny emojis.
Humanize your chatbot
The trick is that your customers should understand that they are talking with a chatbot, but feel like they are talking to a human.
To add a “human touch” to your script, you should use words and phrases that customer support agents normally use. For instance, if you want your hotel chatbot to express the enthusiasm, write something like this:
“I’m here to help you with booking. Let’s find the best room for your dream trip!”
Or, if you want to demonstrate empathy, the bot’s message should look like this:
“Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that you have to cancel your dream trip! Let me help you to finish the cancellation process successfully”.
Get help from professional writers
If writing is not your cup of coffee, don’t worry. You can delegate the scriptwriting to someone who is really good at it. If you need professional assistance, visit the following websites:
- Upwork – This is a freelance platform where you can hire an expert who knows how to create a perfect chatbot for a hotel.
- TrustMyPaper – It’s an online writing service where you can order a winning script for a hotel chatbot.
- WoWGrade – Another online platform where professional writers can help you with a spotless chatbot script
- Freelancer – It’s another popular freelance platform you can use.
- SupremeDissertations – It’s another writing service that you might find helpful. Even if you have a tight budget, you can afford it.
Proofread the script twice
And the last step you should take is to proofread your script. Your task is to ensure that the text of bot’s responses is perfect in terms of grammar. Here are the proofreading tools you can use:
- GrabMyEssay – It’s a writing website that provides proofreading services. You can use it to check the script you write.
- Grammarly – This is one of the most popular grammar checkers on the web. Grammarly helps to fix mistakes automatically.
- BestEssayEducation – It’s another proofreading service that is worth your attention. It checks texts for mistakes fast and effectively.
Today, you have access to all the tools necessary to create an effective chatbot for your hotel. So even if you have never created chatbots before, don’t hesitate to learn how new technologies work. Write a compelling script for your chatbot and see your hotel business growing.