Pricing is pivotal in any consumer business and even more in hyper-competitive industries like hotels and travel. Why? Because your competitors are right next door. That's why setting the right hotel rate plan is essential for both revenue generation and guest satisfaction.
Giving your guests value for their money while maintaining a stable bottom line and not being undercut by competitors is quite a task. No wonder creating hotel pricing plans requires careful and strategic thinking.
Though being proactive is the key, keeping up with the market trends and capturing real-time data is essential to maintain an optimal pricing model.
Adjusting your room rates and managing booking revenues isn't a set-and-forget practice. It's an ongoing process, which brings to an important question — how do you price your rooms right so that there is increased occupancy and revenue even during slow seasons?
Let's find out through this blog.
What is Rate Plan in Hotel
Each type of rate plan is designed to cater to specific guest preferences, booking requirements, market demands, and other factors influencing booking decisions. They are crucial in revenue management and marketing strategies for your hotel business.
Each rate plan has its terms and conditions too, which specify the benefits and limitations of that particular package.
Different Types of Hotel Rate Plans
Also, when you offer diverse rate plans, your hotel can attract a wide range of travelers and optimize revenue management.
Some of the common types of hotel rate plans include:
Type 1: Base Rate Plans
1. Best Available Rate (BAR) Plan
BAR is the standard rate a hotel offers for a specific room type without any added promotions or discounts. This rate plan suits travelers who prioritize simplicity and are not seeking specialized inclusions.
Type 2: Evergreen Rate Plans
2. Breakfast Rate Plan
The Breakfast Rate Plan is designed for guests who prefer to have their morning meals included during their stay. It is convenient for travelers who want to start their day without worrying about finding breakfast options outside the hotel.
3. Advanced Purchasing Rate Plan
Otherwise known as the Early Bird Rate, this plan rewards guests who book their stay well in advance. When you offer a discount for early reservations, your hotel can secure bookings and help guests save on costs.
4. Flexible Rate Plan
The Flexible Rate Plan caters to guests with uncertain travel plans. It allows them to modify or cancel their reservations without incurring additional charges up to a certain period before the check-in date.
5. Non-Refundable Rate Plan
Unlike the Flexible Rate Plan, the Non-Refundable Rate Plan offers a lower rate for guests who are sure about their travel dates and do not anticipate any changes or cancellations. However, it is essential to note that this rate plan is non-refundable once booked.
Type 3: Promotional Rate Plans
6. Breakfast Rate Plan
Special Offers and Package Rate Plan: This combines accommodations with additional perks such as spa services, dining credits, sightseeing tours, or other amenities. They are perfect for guests seeking a comprehensive and value-added experience during their stay.
7. Government or Student Rate Plan
This provides discounted rates exclusively for government employees and students. However, to avail of these rates, the guest must show national ID cards for proof.
8. Membership Rate Plan
Your hotel can offer Membership Rate Plans to guests who are part of loyalty programs or membership clubs associated with the hotel chain. This plan often comes with exclusive benefits and rewards.
9. Loyalty Rate Plan
This is specifically designed for loyal customers who have accumulated points or rewards through their previous stays at your hotel. It offers preferential rates and additional privileges to incentivize repeat business.
10. Event Rate Plan
This is usually tied to specific occasions or local events. Your hotel may offer special rates during festivals, conferences, or other major gatherings to attract attendees and provide them with competitive pricing options.
Type 4: Dynamic Rate Plans
11. Length of Stay Rate Plan
This offers discounts based on your guest's stay duration. Guests booking for an extended period may receive reduced nightly rates, encouraging longer visits.
12. Last-Minute Rate Plan
This aims to fill unsold rooms by offering discounted rates to guests who book their stay at the eleventh hour. This strategy benefits both your hotel (by maximizing occupancy) and travelers (by providing attractive last-minute deals).
13. Corporate Rate Plan
This is a negotiated agreement between your hotel and a company to offer discounted rates for their employees during business trips. These plans foster a strong partnership between your hotel and corporations, ensuring regular bookings.
14. Group Rate Plan
This caters to large bookings, such as conferences, weddings, or tours. These plans offer discounted rates for reserving multiple rooms, making it an ideal option for group travelers.
How to Create the Right Hotel Rate Plans
Hotel rate plans can make or break a deal because they directly influence a guest's decision-making when choosing accommodation. That's why crafting profitable ones require a deep understanding of market dynamics, guest preferences, and revenue management strategies.
Here’s how to go about it:
- ✅Keep the Guest Budget in Mind: The first thing most travelers assess when searching for hotels is whether the rates fit within their budget. An attractive rate plan that aligns with a guest's budget can be the deciding factor in choosing your hotel over competitors.
- ✅Perception of Value: Rate plans that offer added value, such as complimentary breakfast, spa services, or discounts on local attractions, create a sense of value for money. Guests are likely to choose a hotel that provides extra benefits at a competitive price.
- ✅Cater to Diverse Needs: Different travelers have different preferences and needs. Offering a variety of rate plans allows your hotel to cater to various guest segments, including business travelers, families, couples, and solo adventurers.
- ✅Optimize for Seasonal Demand: Seasonal rate adjustments are essential to optimize revenue during peak and off-peak periods. A flexible rate plan that responds to changing demand can ensure a steady flow of bookings throughout the year.
- ✅Give an Impression of Exclusivity: Exclusive rate plans, such as loyalty member rates or limited-time offers, can create a sense of exclusivity, encouraging guest loyalty and repeat bookings.
- ✅Attract Last-Minute Bookings: Last-minute travelers often look for enticing deals. A well-designed last-minute rate plan can attract these spontaneous guests and fill vacant rooms, maximizing occupancy.
- ✅Compete in the Market: The hospitality industry is highly competitive, and travelers have numerous options. An unattractive rate plan may lead potential guests to look elsewhere for better deals.
- ✅Encourage Guest Reviews: Guests who feel they received excellent value for their money are more likely to leave positive reviews and recommend the hotel to others. On the other hand, dissatisfaction with rate plans may result in negative feedback and hinder future bookings.
- ✅Impact on Revenue and Profitability: Rate plans directly influence your hotel's revenue and profitability. Setting rates too high may lead to low occupancy, while too low rates may result in missed revenue opportunities.
- ✅Build Brand Reputation: Providing fair and competitive rates enhances your hotel's reputation and positions your brand as a reliable and customer-focused establishment.
The Role of Rate Plans in Revenue Management
A well-crafted rate plan can bolster your hotel's financial performance, guest satisfaction and solidify your position in the competitive market.
=> Targeted rate plans increase the likelihood of capturing different market segments and maximizing revenue streams.
=> The flexibility of dynamic pricing empowers revenue managers to make data-driven decisions while optimizing revenue during both high and low-demand periods.
=> During off-peak periods, your hotel can attract guests by offering discounted rates, ensuring higher occupancy levels. Conversely, during peak seasons or high-demand periods, higher rates can be implemented to capitalize on revenue potential without compromising occupancy.
=> Whether it's inclusive meal packages, spa services, or exclusive perks, diverse rate plans enhance guest experiences and foster guest loyalty. Happy guests are more likely to become repeat customers, driving long-term revenue growth.
=> Satisfied guests are more likely to leave glowing reviews and recommend the hotel to others, thus elevating your hotel's brand reputation. A strong brand reputation, in turn, attracts new guests and drives more bookings.
The Impact of Rate Plans on Guest Booking Behavior
A well-designed rate plan strategy can sway guest preferences, shape booking choices, and ultimately drive the success of your hotel.
A good rate plan:
- Influences Budget-conscious Travelers: An attractive rate plan that offers value for money is a powerful enticement for price-sensitive guests. Special offers, discounted rates, and bundled services can be the deciding factors that lead these guests to choose your hotel over competitors.
- Encourages Early Bookings: Rate plans that incentivize early bookings can significantly influence guest behavior. It creates a sense of urgency for guests to secure the best deal. Early bookers are often rewarded with cost savings, and hotels benefit from guaranteed occupancy and improved cash flow forecasting.
- Caters to Flexible Travelers: Offering free cancellations or modifications up to a certain period before check-in appeals to guests who value flexibility. And rate plans can increase bookings from travelers who may otherwise hesitate to commit to fixed travel dates.
- Impacts on Impulse Booking Behavior: Last-minute travelers and impulse bookers are drawn to rate plans offering enticing discounts for immediate reservations. A well-structured last-minute rate plan can lead to increased bookings during periods of low occupancy.
- Builds Guest Loyalty: Membership rate plans are designed to reward loyal guests and foster guest loyalty. Exclusive discounts, special privileges, and loyalty rewards encourage repeat bookings from guests who value a sense of recognition and appreciation from your hotel.
- Drives Direct Bookings: By offering exclusive direct booking benefits, such as loyalty member rates or early-bird discounts, your hotel can encourage guests to book directly from your website and strengthen the hotel-guest relationship and optimize revenue.
Integrating Rate Plans with Your Hotel’s Booking Engine
Integrating rate plans with your hotel's booking engine is a strategic decision that significantly impacts guest experience and revenue generation. By choosing a robust booking engine, displaying comprehensive rate plans, implementing dynamic pricing strategies, and offering direct booking benefits becomes effortless.
Embrace the power of integration, and watch your hotel witness increased bookings, revenue growth, and a loyal base of satisfied guests.
How to Integrate Rate Plans Effectively:
- Choose a Robust Booking Engine: Select a reputable and feature-rich booking engine that allows seamless integration of rate plans. Look for a solution that offers flexibility, responsiveness, and easy customization options.
- Comprehensive Rate Plan Display: Ensure all your rate plans are clearly displayed on the booking engine with detailed descriptions and inclusions. Guests should be able to easily access information about room types, package deals, and other exclusive offers.
- Dynamic Pricing Management: Automatically adjust rates based on demand, seasonality, and booking patterns. This ensures real-time competitiveness and maximizes revenue during peak and off-peak periods.
- Direct Booking Benefits: Encourage direct bookings by offering exclusive benefits such as loyalty member rates, early-bird discounts, or bonus amenities. Highlight the advantages of booking directly through your website or reservation system.
- User-Friendly Interface: The booking engine should have an intuitive interface, allowing guests to navigate effortlessly and complete bookings in simple steps.
- Mobile Compatibility: A responsive design ensures a seamless experience across all devices, so make sure your booking engine is fully optimized for mobile users.
- Secure Payment Gateway: Implement a safe and reliable payment gateway to instill trust and confidence in guests during the booking process.
=> Complicating your rate plans: Doing this can confuse your guests and mess up revenue management.
=> Ignoring market trends: Failing to adapt to the latest advancements and demand fluctuations can result in missed revenue opportunities.
=> Lack of competitiveness: Setting rates too high or too low than your competitors can negatively impact occupancy and revenue.
=> Displaying inconsistent rates: Ensure rate plans are displayed consistently across all booking channels to avoid confusion and mistrust.
=> Neglecting direct booking incentives: Not offering exclusive benefits for direct bookings may lead to increased reliance on costly third-party platforms.
=> Poor communication with staff: Failure to communicate rate plan changes, and strategies to the front desk and reservations team can lead to inconsistent pricing.
A thoughtful hotel pricing strategy considers the delicate balance between maximizing revenue per room and achieving optimal occupancy levels. By offering value-added experiences and attracting guests with competitive rates, you can create a win-win situation for both your guests and your hotel's bottom line.
Remember, it's not just about the room's worth but the added value and memorable experiences you can deliver.